8 Cheap Home Gym Essentials
Cost can certainly be an issue when deciding whether or not to build your own home
gym. With so many benefits of having a home gym - no gym fees, convenience, privacy - it is hard not to be
attracted to the idea.
Unfortunately, unless you have the space and finances, commercial gym equipment will likely not be in your
Luckily, there are a few cheap home gym essentials that will provide you with the equipment necessary to get a
killer workout at home. Read on to find out what these cheap home gym essentials are!
1. The first and perhaps most important home gym essential you need is a weight bench. Contrary to popular
belief, a solid weight bench will only run you about $40-50 depending on where you get it.
There are so many benefits to having a weight bench that it is almost impossible to name them all. To start, a
weight bench makes performing all your exercises easier. You will have a place to do presses, dips, leg raises, and
flys - just to name a few. A weight bench will definitely pay for itself once you realize the versatility and
advantage of having one.
2. Dumbbells are the second piece of essential equipment you need in your home gym. Depending on your
strength and the amount of space you have, you can determine home much weight you need.
Dumbbells are great because they can be used to add resistance to so many different exercises. Once you have
dumbbells, you will be able to preform presses (chest, shoulder), weighted squats, bicep curls, and tricep
3. Resistance bands are an excellent substitute for dumbbells. These inexpensive bands can go up to 100lbs
in resistance! With these, you will be able to attach them on to sturdy objects and perform flys, rows, curls, and
4. No home gym would be complete without an exercise mat. Exercise mats can be found for as little as $20!
These are great for doing warm ups, stretching, and abdominal exercises on. If you’re willing to spend a little
more money, the heavy duty ones are perfect for placing dumbbells on and protecting your floor.
5. Medicine balls. Enough said! These are great tools for adding resistance to abdominal exercises and a
variety of other exercises as well! Check out the swiss ball exercises you can do at home here...
6. For a really kick butt home gym, don’t forget to include a barbell. Although these will be a little more
expensive than the other items on the list, a barbell will give you the opportunity to lift some serious weight (of
course, you would have to buy the weight plates). These are great for curls, squats, deadlifts, rows and bench
7. Once you have all of the above equipment, it only makes sense to add an EZ bar. These are great for
curls and tricep extensions and can also be a replacement for dumbbells.
8. The last and final cheap piece of home gym equipment is the stationary bike. of course, this is going to
be much more expensive than the equipment I’ve already mentioned, but as far as cardio equipment goes the price
can’t be beat!
Don’t let money hold you back from building the home gym of your dreams - look into these 8 cheap pieces of
equipment and save yourself some money!
It's called Brilliant Yoga.
Check it out here: