How To Burn Belly Fat Fast: When 10,000 Sit-Ups Won't
We would all like to have a six-pack of abdominal muscles. The way to get those defined and rock-hard-looking
abs isn't by working them for hours every day. The truth is quite the opposite.
The great Jack LaLanne once performed ten thousand consecutive sit-ups on the Fifties TV Show, "You Asked For
It." At the end of the session, he had worn through the seat of his gym pants and his butt cheeks were raw and
I'm sure that after this display his abs felt worked out, and Jack did have a six pack, but the sit-ups weren't
the reason. Sure exercise is a large part of it, but the ab work wasn't.
The late, great Vince Gironda actually had an "eight-pack." Fom his chest to his groin, Vince had a ripped and
highly visible abdominal development. Gironda said he didn't do sit-ups.
What was the secret to these two "old time bodybuilders" abdominals? Exercise was a large part of the equation,
but not ab work. Sit-ups will build ab muscles,
but to what end if you cannot see them for the subcutaneous fat?
Diet is the other element in the belly fat loss equation. Learn how to lose abdominal fat so the abs show through the skin.
Do you need a body building, protein-rich diet that you can actually stick to? Look no further that Anabolic
As you know, nutrition is directly responsible for more than 80% of your results, whether your goal is to build
muscle or lose body fat. Ironically, only 3% of people involved in bodybuilding or fitness are capable of fallowing
a specific nutrition plan.
Me included! It didn't take me long to get sick of eating baked fish and broccoli everyday, and I would easily
cave, and binge on junk food that pretty much made my workouts redundant.
That's why I was so pleased to find Anabolic Cooking - I never knew that healthy and nutritious eating could be
To put an end to breaking your diet for good, check out:
Strength training to build muscles helps because muscles burn more energy than does fatty tissue. The more
muscle, the more energy burned, it's that simple.
The simplified formula for great looking abs is to train hard to build muscles and improve your cardio-vascular
Your diet should be high protein, low-carbohydrate, fiber, good fats and lots of
There are a number of foods that promote fat loss and stimulate muscle growth and energy. A short list of these
* Oatmeal - This slow acting, complex carbohydrate laden natural food will keep you feeling full
for hours, suppressing your appetite.
* Almonds - Good fats, protein and fiber.
* Protein Powder - A good supplement will boost your muscle growth.
* Olive Oil - One of the "good oils" can be used in cooking or on salads.
* Berries - Nutritious and high in anti-oxidants.
* Eggs - Reclaiming their title as nature's perfect food. A good source of protein and low in calories.
* Beans and other Legumes - Good source of protein and fiber. Carb content is slow absorbing.
* Lean Meats and Fish - Great source of complete proteins (containing all essential amino acids). Fish is a
source of Omega3 Fatty Acids.
* Whole Grains - No highly processed flours or meals.
* Peanut Butter - Organic PB as good proteins and oils. Do not buy the processed, sweetened varieties as they
have either added sugar or high-fructose-corn-syrup.
* Green Vegetables - Good carbs and lots of fiber.
* Dairy - Calcium actually activates fat burning hormones. Yogurt is the best.
* Avocados - Good source of protein, fats and fiber.
* Hot or Iced Tea - The anti-oxidants in green tea are the best for you.
* Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese - Studies at the U of Wisconsin show that this variety of cheese activates fat
burning hormones more than any other type.
* Cannellini Beans - Studies show that this legume restricts the digestion of bad carbs and fats.
In summary, if you want to burn that belly fat fast and get your own "six-pack" of abdominals, a high-protein
diet coupled with strength and cardio-vascular training will get the job done.
Fast doesn't mean overnight, but in a matter of a few weeks you will be seeing your abs poking through your skin
and it will be all you can do to keep your clothes on and stay away from the mirror.