The Most Overlooked Fat Loss Eating Secret: What You Don't Know Can
We all know that when we eat right we will lose fat
and weight, but there is a big secret about eating to lose fat that many people don't know.
It is possible to under-eat! Diets that restrict calories too much make it harder to lose weight and to keep it
Reduced caloric intake increases the production of cortisol by our bodies. Cortisol is the "stress hormone"
responsible for added belly fat. You may actually cut your calories and gain a belly.
The best approach is to eat a healthy, balance diet of protein and natural, unprocessed vegetables and fruits
with lots of fiber. Stay away from processed foods of any type.
A check of the labels on ready-to-eat foods will disclose a bunch of content that is not good for your body or
Remember "cyclamate?" It was first approved by the FDA as a sweetener in diet foods. Later studies
in animals showed that cyclamates were linked to cancer. It was subsequently banned.
Here are a number of common food additives that are FDA approved, but are not healthy to be eaten on a regular
basis and could damage your muscle building efforts.
* Acesulfame Potassium (Ace-K) - A sweetener used in baked goods, chewing gum, gelatin desserts
and diet soda. Studies have linked it to cancer in lab animals.
* Artifical Colorings - Blue 2, Green 3, Orange B, Red 3, Yellow 5 and Yellow 6 are used most
often in candy, soft drinks and gelatin desserts.
* Aspartame - Another artificial sweetener linked to cancer.
* Bytylated Hydroxyanisole (BHA) - Used in cereals, chewing gum, potato chips and
vegetable oils as a preservative. US Dept. of Health and Human Services considers BHA as a human carcinogen, but
the FDA still allows its use.
* Hydrogenated Vegetable Oils - Trans fats that are found in margarine, crackers and fried
restaurant foods. Also in baked goods, icings and microwave popcorn. Trans fats are linked to heart disease.
* Olestra - A synthetic fat that is not absorbed as it passes through your system. It may cause
severe side effects like diarrhea.
* Potassium Bromate - Used in bread and rolls, bromate has caused cancer in lab animals in some
studies. It is banned in many countries, but not the USA or Japan.
* Propyl Gallate - A preservative used in vegetable oil, processed meat products,
potato sticks, chicken soup base and chewing gum. Some studies have suggested that it may cause cancer.
* Sodium Nitrate/Sodium Nitrite - A preservative, coloring and flavoring agent in bacon, ham,
hot dogs, lunch meats, corned beef, smoked fish and other processed foods. Can lead to the formation of
* Saccharin - This artificial sweetener has been controversial for many years. It should be
avoided, though it was removed from the list of cancer causing agents in 2000 by the Dept. of H&HS.
To repeat the big fat loss eating secret: Don't under eat! Eat only natural, unprocessed foods to avoid the
aforementioned chemicals and others lurking in those easy-to-fix or ready-to-eat packaged items on the grocer's
To lose weight and fat, eat a good mix of proteins, vegetables and fruits, exercise regularly and get plenty of
rest. Minimize alcohol and caffeine drinks.
Stick to whole grains and avoid white flour breads, pastas and desserts. Keep a diet log, recording everything
you eat or drink. It will make you much more aware of your intake than relying on your memory alone.